Lent 21: My Daughter

Daughter, I am thankful for you. Your eyes sparkle and shine as you admire the pretend ruby ring you picked out from your teacher's treasure chest. "It matches my dress and my nail polish," you exclaim. "I am so pretty!" You prance and dance around, admiring your reflection in the mirror. You accept your beauty with joy instead of vanity.

I remember the day you were born, and how the mystery of new life passing from embryonic water into the world's atmosphere amazed me. There you were, in my arms, alive and breathing, crying from hunger and shock. We rejoiced in that moment.

We continue to rejoice today. The gifts you bring to us are endless. Love for learning. Motivation to memorize scripture. Sincerity and honesty in your words. Unbridled emotion. A will that can be very strong. And a will that can submit herself in honor and love for those around her.

Thank you for being you.

Popular posts from this blog

Is God Good?

Daunting {But Not Impossible}

Banking in the Now