Lent 10: Prayer & Faith
I am thankful for prayer. Children, you two are discovering the practice and power of prayer. Right now, you are remembering family with ailments at practically every meal. Auntie T.'s tooth. Auntie K.'s eye. Mommy's esophagus. Daddy's back. Etc. Etc.
Yesterday, my daughter, you asked, "How does God heal?"
"Well, He has the power to heal, if He believes that is best for us. Sometimes He heals immediately. Other times He lets our body heal itself over time. And other times He allows us to remain sick for other reasons."
"But how does He do it?"
"Good question. He just does. He is very powerful. He made you."
I am thankful for childlike faith. It amazes me how the both of you believe with such freedom. It is refreshing to me and reminds me of how generous I was in my faith during my young years as a Christian. Have I become too jaded or realistic in my fourth decade? I don't know. But I don't believe like I used to. I miss that. I crave that. I long to have faith that believes God can move mountains.
A couple of weeks ago, I was having a typical rough morning acid reflux wise. My son, we were partaking in morning snack together and I shared my distress with you. So you stated with assurance: "God will heal you." My eyes welled up and I responded, "Thank you J. for believing for me." You replied with confidence, "I will pray for you." What a beautiful picture of faith!
So I am inspired at this moment by the examples of my children. And I would like to pray for a friend of mine who struggles with much more than me health wise. B., I step out in faith. I believe that God will move mountains for you. I believe that He will fill you with amazing joy and hope. May His healing power overshadow you and work through your body to bring you to full health.
Dear God, rise up in healing. Glorify yourself by being the GREAT Physician for my friend. Do not tarry any longer. Please, I petition, act out of mercy and grace and power. I humbly bow here in anticipation of what you will do for B. today, tomorrow, and into this year. I PRAISE you for your miracle in advance.
Yesterday, my daughter, you asked, "How does God heal?"
"Well, He has the power to heal, if He believes that is best for us. Sometimes He heals immediately. Other times He lets our body heal itself over time. And other times He allows us to remain sick for other reasons."
"But how does He do it?"
"Good question. He just does. He is very powerful. He made you."
I am thankful for childlike faith. It amazes me how the both of you believe with such freedom. It is refreshing to me and reminds me of how generous I was in my faith during my young years as a Christian. Have I become too jaded or realistic in my fourth decade? I don't know. But I don't believe like I used to. I miss that. I crave that. I long to have faith that believes God can move mountains.
A couple of weeks ago, I was having a typical rough morning acid reflux wise. My son, we were partaking in morning snack together and I shared my distress with you. So you stated with assurance: "God will heal you." My eyes welled up and I responded, "Thank you J. for believing for me." You replied with confidence, "I will pray for you." What a beautiful picture of faith!
So I am inspired at this moment by the examples of my children. And I would like to pray for a friend of mine who struggles with much more than me health wise. B., I step out in faith. I believe that God will move mountains for you. I believe that He will fill you with amazing joy and hope. May His healing power overshadow you and work through your body to bring you to full health.
Dear God, rise up in healing. Glorify yourself by being the GREAT Physician for my friend. Do not tarry any longer. Please, I petition, act out of mercy and grace and power. I humbly bow here in anticipation of what you will do for B. today, tomorrow, and into this year. I PRAISE you for your miracle in advance.