Lent 40: Sacrifice of Praise

Well, I made it. I managed to post for forty consecutive days as a sacrifice of praise over the course of Lent. And I must say it has been an enlightening and empowering journey.

I've been blessed with several gifts during this season of preparation. I was once again reminded that there is always something to be thankful for, no matter how good or bad my day is unravelling.

I had a few rough moments over the course of the forty days. Some days, I felt quite misunderstood. Other days, I felt awful gut-wise. At other moments, I felt the lost of dreams and aspirations and goals.

Yet, there were many, many moments in which I smiled at the beauty of the everyday. A preschooler's giggle. A school girl's observations on life. A husband's comical teaching anecdote. The sunshine. Red grape tomatoes.

Now we are entering "Passion Week" or "Holy Week" in the Christian faith, a time in history that was incredibly dark and hopeless. This morning during our Sunday Worship Service at our church, we are encouraged to meditate on the pain and suffering of Christ, so we can truly rejoice in the joy of Easter Sunday (a sermon which, by the way, had your Daddy and I riveted). So, now I will shift towards thanking God for His moments of suffering, as His suffering produced our redemption.

While I will now refrain from posting everyday, and revert back to my random schedule of adding thoughts and reflections to this space whenever I feel so lead, I take this virtual moment to thank my readers. Thank you to all who visited this site during the season of Lent. I pray that you were encouraged. I also pray that you were drawn closer to the God who is the source of my joy, hope and peace. Happy Easter.

Popular posts from this blog

Is God Good?

Daunting {But Not Impossible}

Banking in the Now