Lent 33: Spring
Spring is officially here, in the sense that we are receiving more daylight than dark. Though we wobble between snowy cold days and sunny warm days. In spite of the changing weather day-to-day, this is my favourite season. The birds are singing. The bikes are out. The puddles beckon little feet to splash. And soon our rakes will emerge to remove the fall and winter debris from new grass. Yes, it is work. But I welcome it.
I am not a gardener by any stretch of the imagination, but I do enjoy watching things grow. So when the ground warms up and the threat of frost has vanished, we'll plant seeds and little plants, a combination of flowers and veggies. You two are already planning it out. "Mommy, can we grow carrots and tomatoes?" "Sure."
Today, we will engage in Spring. We will take a walk along the creek as part of our Sunday Morning Worship. Your Daddy and I want the both of you to know that there are different ways to worship God, even on a Sunday morning, instead of always attending a Church Service dedicated to singing and sermon.
Later on today, we will plant some seeds in pots and marvel at the miracle of plant life. We'll document its growth and gift the flower variety to your Grandmothers.
I am thankful for Spring.
I am not a gardener by any stretch of the imagination, but I do enjoy watching things grow. So when the ground warms up and the threat of frost has vanished, we'll plant seeds and little plants, a combination of flowers and veggies. You two are already planning it out. "Mommy, can we grow carrots and tomatoes?" "Sure."
Today, we will engage in Spring. We will take a walk along the creek as part of our Sunday Morning Worship. Your Daddy and I want the both of you to know that there are different ways to worship God, even on a Sunday morning, instead of always attending a Church Service dedicated to singing and sermon.
Later on today, we will plant some seeds in pots and marvel at the miracle of plant life. We'll document its growth and gift the flower variety to your Grandmothers.
I am thankful for Spring.