Cheetah Jet
"You know what the fastest jet is?" you asked today to test my knowledge as you finished up your broccoli.
"I don't know," responds my tired mind as I wash the dishes.
"A Cheetah Jet!"
"There is no such thing," I automatically voice, without entertaining your creative logic.
"I'm pretending!" you explain.
"Oh yes, sorry. You are right. A Cheetah Jet!"
Son, please forgive your Mommy, as I often walk around mentally checking off to-do lists, so much so, that I forget to really listen to you. You are imaginative. Creative. And I believe your mind is mathematically inclined. You relish games. You value a good puzzle. You synthesize complex patterns (for a preschooler). You walk around, studying your little fingers and exclaiming, "2 + 5 is 7!"
Sometimes I forget the joy of being a child as I study grocery prices in the flyer or enter digits into our monthly budget or scrub down our kitchen until is sparkles. And you? There you are, positioning your hand in a shape of a jet, puckering your lips to make the "whoosh" sound and flying your make believe toy around our living room.
You make me realize I need to learn more, play more, imagine more. Do you have a Cheetah Jet that I could borrow for a little while? Thanks son, for being you.
![]() |
| Our Batman with his Batmobile |
"I don't know," responds my tired mind as I wash the dishes.
"A Cheetah Jet!"
"There is no such thing," I automatically voice, without entertaining your creative logic.
"I'm pretending!" you explain.
"Oh yes, sorry. You are right. A Cheetah Jet!"
Son, please forgive your Mommy, as I often walk around mentally checking off to-do lists, so much so, that I forget to really listen to you. You are imaginative. Creative. And I believe your mind is mathematically inclined. You relish games. You value a good puzzle. You synthesize complex patterns (for a preschooler). You walk around, studying your little fingers and exclaiming, "2 + 5 is 7!"
Sometimes I forget the joy of being a child as I study grocery prices in the flyer or enter digits into our monthly budget or scrub down our kitchen until is sparkles. And you? There you are, positioning your hand in a shape of a jet, puckering your lips to make the "whoosh" sound and flying your make believe toy around our living room.
You make me realize I need to learn more, play more, imagine more. Do you have a Cheetah Jet that I could borrow for a little while? Thanks son, for being you.
