Lent 28: Busy Days

My daughter, one day, God willing, you will know that feeling when you are about to begin a really busy day and you wonder how in the world you will get through the many appointments and responsibilities without snapping at your kids (and husband). And, if you are really honest with yourself, you would rather cancel everything, crawl back into bed with a novel and pretend you are not a Mother/Wife/Homemaker for just one day.

Yup, that's me right now.

So, what am I thankful for?

I am thankful that I am a Mother/Wife/Homemaker and that I have the joy of having a day full of stuff to do that reminds me that I am a Mother/Wife/Homemaker.

I am thankful it is a MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) morning which will give me the opportunity to just sit and forget about my responsibilities for a while.

I am thankful for simple lunch plans that consist of eggs, brown beans, muffins (if I have time to make them today) and fruit.

I am thankful for the opportunity to reinforce literacy and numeracy skills thanks to worksheets (which you two LOVE to do), story books and serendipity.

I am thankful for quiet time, where I might sneak a short cat nap.

I am thankful for grocery shopping and that we have money in the bank to buy food thanks to the hard work your Daddy puts in at school.

I am thankful for medicine to give to you kids as you deal with minor medical issues.

I am thankful for Safeway's roasted chickens for busy days such as today (and the anticipation of chicken veggie soup the next day).

I am thankful for parent/teacher interviews and the chance to witness the good work you are doing in your classroom, my daughter.

I am thankful for bed time routines, where we can cuddle and read and pray (and sometimes sing).

I am thankful for busy days.

Popular posts from this blog

Is God Good?

Daunting {But Not Impossible}

Banking in the Now