Thankfulness #4: Fresh Inspiration


I don't know what it is about today! Maybe it's the sunshine. Or a really GREAT night of sleep with very minor interruptions. Or the promise of spring on the March calendar. Anyway, I feel inspired!

INSPIRATION. It is joyful to experience this phenomena. And it is a beautiful moment. A moment when things seem crystal clear, when ideas delightfully pop into one's brain and create an exciting synergy.

It has been a while since I have felt this way. I blame the winter blahs. Frigid mornings, overcast skies, and cabin fever add to the drudgery of being without vision. Life seems like one long boring movie in which the same scene is repeated over and over and over again. Then suddenly, the creative juices start flowing again due to some outside source or inner whisper. A splash of color in a magazine. And uplifting note in a card. A meaningful passage of scripture. God's still small voice in one's heart. And I start to dream again.

Today I'm dreaming of many things. Renovating my kitchen is one. Those of you who have followed my blog in the last few months know that my kitchen has been a source of woe in my life. But today I had a moment of clarity. I can't have the "kitchen of my dreams" now. Not even this summer. Maybe not even next year. But I will someday. I'll just have to save for it. Now that may seem extremely logical and common sense to you, but it has been inspirational for me. Because I wanted it all NOW. And when I realized we couldn't afford it now, I started stressing out about how I could DIY the room. And that got me sick. Because I didn't want to waste my entire summer painting cupboards! But now that I have given myself grace to wait, I am dreaming again. And funny enough, I think I will keep the color of the dark cupboards, even upon renovation. I've actually grown found of the "warm" color! Now I am envisioning a backsplash incorporating bright white tiles; color schemes utilizing greens, blues, yellows, and browns; new windows and garden doors; funky lighting above the peninsula; and roman shades. Wow. I may need to wait a while for this. But it will look FANTABULOUS upon completion!

So now that my summer plans will not be wasted painting cupboards, I can enjoy and explore this little city. And that gets me smiling.

Come on snow! Melt!

Popular posts from this blog

Is God Good?

Daunting {But Not Impossible}

Banking in the Now