Having Said That...
Having said what I posted in my previous entry, there are times when venting to God just isn't enough. We need to make a concerted effort to share our burdens with others. I believe healing comes with authenticity, transparency, and humility -- not only with God, but with people who journey along side us.
But it is risky, isn't it? Sometime we MUST risk. Risk losing face. Risk being shamed. Risk feeling embarrassed. Risk rejection.
I remember a time when I worked overseas. I was going through an extremely difficult and awkward situation. It was embarrassing and shameful in many ways. And it had the potential to turn into something unbecoming a follower of Christ. (Oh you are curious, aren't you??? Sorry, I'm not disclosing!) I prayed like crazy. I petitioned God to assist me, heal me, and grant me wisdom on how to handle my circumstance. The answers were not forthcoming from the heavenly realms above.
Then I confessed my struggle to my sister and a dear friend. I had to humble myself and tearfully admit my issues. My sister and friend were gracious and prayer fervently for me. And I received God's victory soon after. I will cherish that lesson forever.
I guess this still underscores the truth: I need a therapist. So do you.
But it is risky, isn't it? Sometime we MUST risk. Risk losing face. Risk being shamed. Risk feeling embarrassed. Risk rejection.
I remember a time when I worked overseas. I was going through an extremely difficult and awkward situation. It was embarrassing and shameful in many ways. And it had the potential to turn into something unbecoming a follower of Christ. (Oh you are curious, aren't you??? Sorry, I'm not disclosing!) I prayed like crazy. I petitioned God to assist me, heal me, and grant me wisdom on how to handle my circumstance. The answers were not forthcoming from the heavenly realms above.
Then I confessed my struggle to my sister and a dear friend. I had to humble myself and tearfully admit my issues. My sister and friend were gracious and prayer fervently for me. And I received God's victory soon after. I will cherish that lesson forever.
I guess this still underscores the truth: I need a therapist. So do you.