I Need a Therapist, So Do You
I am sure you know what I am talking about. You just want to grab someone, anyone who will listen, preferably a friend or a family member, and just VENT. Let it ALL out: fears, joys, worries, stresses, disappointments, and triumphs.
Yet you hold back, bottle it in, and shrug it off.
Because who can really take the torrent of emotions that is in your life? Who can hold every burden that is weighing down on your soul? Who can dry every tear, smile with each joy, and comfort you in the way you NEED to be comforted.
NO ONE. Let's admit it. No one can be ALL that you need. No one. Not on this earth anyway.
We are walking conundrums. We don't even truly understand ourselves. Look at each person who passes you by. I am SURE they have hidden hurts, secret pains, and delirious joys somewhere inside of them. But they can't unleash the waves of feelings for fear of rejection.
It is difficult to be REAL with others. Don't you think?
I wonder what would happen if I sat down and penned every single thought that is bouncing around my head, each emotional stress that is weighing down on my heart, and the depths of visions embedded in my soul? And then told someone ALL of it. They'd probably conclude I have serious issues. My next visit would be a therapist.
And I'm normal, I think...
You know, I believe we all need therapists. Really. We all have issues. DEEP issues that nobody gets. Wouldn't it be wonderful it it was normal for everyone to have a therapist? Sometimes it is much easier to be honest with a stranger. After all, I don't like overburdening people I know. I spare almost all the ugliness I go through from most of the people in my life. While my husband and siblings probably see a more authentic "me", there is stuff I don't share with even them, the ones who are the nearest and dearest to me.
Though I wonder, is this behaviour more of a personality trait of mine?
Regardless, what I am trying to say is there are times in my life when the only one who really "gets me" is God. A bit cliche, I know. Yet I have to admit, I don't always unleash all of my crap and crud as well as my treasures and delights to my Maker, my God, my Lord Jesus Christ. Do I think I can hide from Him? The question begs a "no", though deep down, I have said "yes". "Yes, Lord, I can hide me for YOU!" I have foolishly screamed.
But I can't. And I shouldn't. I need to surrender it ALL. Instead of holding it back. Bottling it in. Shrugging it off.
Can anyone relate?
Yet you hold back, bottle it in, and shrug it off.
Because who can really take the torrent of emotions that is in your life? Who can hold every burden that is weighing down on your soul? Who can dry every tear, smile with each joy, and comfort you in the way you NEED to be comforted.
NO ONE. Let's admit it. No one can be ALL that you need. No one. Not on this earth anyway.
We are walking conundrums. We don't even truly understand ourselves. Look at each person who passes you by. I am SURE they have hidden hurts, secret pains, and delirious joys somewhere inside of them. But they can't unleash the waves of feelings for fear of rejection.
It is difficult to be REAL with others. Don't you think?
I wonder what would happen if I sat down and penned every single thought that is bouncing around my head, each emotional stress that is weighing down on my heart, and the depths of visions embedded in my soul? And then told someone ALL of it. They'd probably conclude I have serious issues. My next visit would be a therapist.
And I'm normal, I think...
You know, I believe we all need therapists. Really. We all have issues. DEEP issues that nobody gets. Wouldn't it be wonderful it it was normal for everyone to have a therapist? Sometimes it is much easier to be honest with a stranger. After all, I don't like overburdening people I know. I spare almost all the ugliness I go through from most of the people in my life. While my husband and siblings probably see a more authentic "me", there is stuff I don't share with even them, the ones who are the nearest and dearest to me.
Though I wonder, is this behaviour more of a personality trait of mine?
Regardless, what I am trying to say is there are times in my life when the only one who really "gets me" is God. A bit cliche, I know. Yet I have to admit, I don't always unleash all of my crap and crud as well as my treasures and delights to my Maker, my God, my Lord Jesus Christ. Do I think I can hide from Him? The question begs a "no", though deep down, I have said "yes". "Yes, Lord, I can hide me for YOU!" I have foolishly screamed.
But I can't. And I shouldn't. I need to surrender it ALL. Instead of holding it back. Bottling it in. Shrugging it off.
Can anyone relate?