Making the Cut

I've been thinking about many things. Sometimes I catch myself "blogging" in my brain. I offer a soliloquy to myself in essay fashion. But the lack of time results in the thoughts being filed on some synapse in my brain. Sometimes I can retrieve the information. Other days it vanishes in the annals of my mind.

Thus I write a bite-sized blog post, one of many I hope to write this week. I hope, anyway...

When is it appropriate to cut ties with people? This question is sparked through events of late. Thus, I have been reflecting on the relationships in my life. I am blessed with wonderful friends and family, many of which are privy to the struggles in my life. But I've been thinking of those individuals that I haven't heard from for a long time. I tend to be a loyal and thoughtful person, or a least I aim to be. I work hard at remembering birthdays and anniversaries. I correspond via e-mail, phone, and letters as much as I can. I try to systematically visit my friends if I am in the neighborhood. But there comes a point when some friends cease to respond. I do not think I am being purposefully ignored (I hope not anyway, but I am sure that could be the case in some instances). Instead, I believe life happens. Thus maintaining a friendship with me becomes a lesser priority. In the past, I've just let go. After years of trying to extend the hand of friendship, I give up. I stop making contact. If the person notices and asks why, I explain and we resume. If not, I let the relationship die its natural death. Is this what most people do?

Baby's crying. Daughter needs to be woken up from a nap gone too long. Gotta go...

Popular posts from this blog

Is God Good?

Daunting {But Not Impossible}

Banking in the Now