A Valentine's Day Latte

Nine more days until Valentine's Day!

I have a confession. After Christmas, Valentine's Day is my favorite celebration. I am a bit of a hopeless romantic despite the fact that I would rather watch a Sci-Fi flick than any cheesy, romantic comedy. That being said, I cherish the timeless love stories, such as Anne of Green Gables, Pride and Prejudice, and Ever After. And I don't know how many times I have viewed While You Were Sleeping!

I have spent more Valentine's Days single than in a romantic relationship. There were times I bemoaned my situation. Yet, on many occasions I refused to throw a pity party. Instead, I created memories. Here are a few of my romantic adventures:
  1. Buying chocolates and cards for friends and family.
  2. Purchasing a rose for my single colleagues at work.
  3. Surprising students with chocolate hearts at school.
  4. Eating at an exotic restaurant with a bunch of my single girlfriends while we were surrounded by couples.
  5. And my personal favorite: watching Men in Black.
Interesting enough, my husband is anti-Valentine's Day! Why? He feels that men should not be told what day to be romantic towards their significant other. I can understand his viewpoint, especially since the advertising industry aggressively targets men to buy that "special something" for the love of their life. The inflated prices of products doesn't seem to help the situation either! But my husband is not against us going out to celebrate the day. It just needs to be low key.

So what's the plan? Maybe a Valentine's Day Latte at our favorite coffee shop? Simple, I know. And that is okay for this hopeless romantic. I can't wait... :)

Popular posts from this blog

Is God Good?

Daunting {But Not Impossible}

Banking in the Now