A Valentine "Surprise" for Him

I wanted to surprise my husband with a framed picture of my daughter and me in Leaf gear for Valentine's Day. That was the plan. I phoned a couple of cheap studios to cash in on their "under $10" deals. Appointments were available for the later part of the week. Unfortunately, the packages were only giving fixed sizes for one pose. One studio was offering two 8 x 10's, two 5 x 7's, and 16 mini-wallets. I wanted one 3 x 5! The other studio was offering two 3 x 5's as part of their package but the pictures would only be available in two weeks. So, I scrapped the studio idea and decided to somehow take the picture myself.

In the meanwhile, I booked a hair appointment and got some snazzy copper-red highlights in my hair (I've been saving my pennies for the luxury). Plus, I asked the stylist to straighten my hair (my husband loves it when I occasionally straighten my hair). I also tried to find a Leafs jersey for my daughter. But alas, I started too late in my search and came up empty handed. Despite the obstacles, I set up our camera on a stool and tried to take a bunch of pictures of my daughter and I against our brown couch. I donned on my husband's jersey. I dressed her up in a blue blouse. After many tries, I finally settled on a picture I was satisfied with (though my head is slightly cut off and you can't really see the Leaf's logo!). After all that, I didn't have time to get the picture developed.

No professional picture. No Leafs jersey for her. No framed picture. Sorry, my Love, I tried!

Happy Valentine's Day!

P.S. We did spent the morning at our favorite coffee shop for Valentine's Day. I had a French Vanilla Latte. He had a London Fog. We talked about the Alchemist, the last book we read together as a couple. Simple, but romantic.

Popular posts from this blog

Is God Good?

Daunting {But Not Impossible}

Banking in the Now