Passionate Plea

Tuesdays mark the day when I share a phone conversation with my sister. We enjoy exchanging baby stories. We encourage each other in our relationship with God. We share our burdens and celebrate our joys. Today, we talked about friends of ours who truly live out their passions. Some may label them as radical. Others may view them as extreme. We see them as inspirational.

I realized that my life is quite normal and comfortable. I am married. I am a stay-at-home mom. I interact with friends and family. I attend church. I indulge in a few hobbies. And in terms of material possessions, I am blessed.

I am not saying that being "normal" is bad. Neither is it wrong to feel comfortable. But when does our normal existence and our comfortable lifestyle interfere with our passion to make a difference in this world?

I just know that I do not want to become complacent in my life. I desire to set an example for my daughter of being all that God designed me to be. At the end of my life, I hope to look back at each decade I spent on this earth and say with confidence, "I passionately lived out the dreams that God impressed upon my spirit. I am now ready to meet my Maker."

Maybe one day I will be radical or extreme. Today I am normal. That is okay, for the time being...

Popular posts from this blog

Is God Good?

Daunting {But Not Impossible}

Banking in the Now