Thankfulness #26: Days of the Week
Dear Lord,
Sunday
Thank you for quiet nursery duty. I was able to spend quality time with one child: my son. Halfway through, my husband came to keep me company when our daughter went downstairs for Children's Church. It was kind of nice to discuss the sermon while hearing it through the overhead speakers.
Monday
Thank you for the opportunity to interview newcomers and write their stories for a local magazine. I find writing energizing and therapeutic. And thank you for a welcomed phone call from a good friend.
Tuesday
Thank you that my children enjoy playing with other kids. Thank you for spontaneous lunch dates with friends over homemade cream of broccoli mozzarella soup. Thank you for surviving a whole day without my husband while he worked 8 a.m. - 10 p.m. at school & science fair.
Wednesday
Thank you for the reminder that I am not a perfect mom and that often after a "Mother-of-the-year" day, I face many hours filled with impatience (and yelling) on my part. Thank you that in spite of my shortcomings, my kids and I enjoyed a card game together and I finished painting the interior of my pantry (finally!). And thank you for the funny things my children say:
Me: (Trying to explain the difference between animate and inanimate objects for A's Awana Lesson) "How do you know that these things are alive while these other objects are not?"
A: "They have eyes."
...
A: (After returning from Awana around 8 p.m.) "Look Mom, the moon followed us home."
...
Me: (As I was potty training my son earlier this month.) "So, where do we poop?"
J: "In my diaper?"
Me: "No, you don't have diapers anymore."
J: (Thinks for a moment, with eyebrows furrowed.) "In the grass?"
Thursday
Thank you that even though it does not look like spring outdoors, the kids and I had a lovely morning shovelling the snow. Thank you for this blog and for the faithful readers who do stop by. And thank you that I have a considerate husband who knows I need to get many things done in the next few days. Since he has a last period preparation time this semester, he will come home right after school so I can run several errands without the kids.
(And looking forward...)
Friday
Thank you for the joy of celebrating a special milestone with friends. The cherry-chip cupcakes are baked!
Saturday
Thank you for the ability to do our family's income tax without the need for an accountant and on-line tax programs (yes, I am an old school paper & pencil woman!). Thank you for reliable babysitting and very rare theatre evenings with friends. It shall be fun!
Thank Lord, for these gifts and more!
Love,
Your Daughter
Sunday
Thank you for quiet nursery duty. I was able to spend quality time with one child: my son. Halfway through, my husband came to keep me company when our daughter went downstairs for Children's Church. It was kind of nice to discuss the sermon while hearing it through the overhead speakers.
Monday
Thank you for the opportunity to interview newcomers and write their stories for a local magazine. I find writing energizing and therapeutic. And thank you for a welcomed phone call from a good friend.
Tuesday
Thank you that my children enjoy playing with other kids. Thank you for spontaneous lunch dates with friends over homemade cream of broccoli mozzarella soup. Thank you for surviving a whole day without my husband while he worked 8 a.m. - 10 p.m. at school & science fair.
Wednesday
Thank you for the reminder that I am not a perfect mom and that often after a "Mother-of-the-year" day, I face many hours filled with impatience (and yelling) on my part. Thank you that in spite of my shortcomings, my kids and I enjoyed a card game together and I finished painting the interior of my pantry (finally!). And thank you for the funny things my children say:
Me: (Trying to explain the difference between animate and inanimate objects for A's Awana Lesson) "How do you know that these things are alive while these other objects are not?"
A: "They have eyes."
...
A: (After returning from Awana around 8 p.m.) "Look Mom, the moon followed us home."
...
Me: (As I was potty training my son earlier this month.) "So, where do we poop?"
J: "In my diaper?"
Me: "No, you don't have diapers anymore."
J: (Thinks for a moment, with eyebrows furrowed.) "In the grass?"
Thursday
Thank you that even though it does not look like spring outdoors, the kids and I had a lovely morning shovelling the snow. Thank you for this blog and for the faithful readers who do stop by. And thank you that I have a considerate husband who knows I need to get many things done in the next few days. Since he has a last period preparation time this semester, he will come home right after school so I can run several errands without the kids.
(And looking forward...)
Friday
Thank you for the joy of celebrating a special milestone with friends. The cherry-chip cupcakes are baked!
Saturday
Thank you for the ability to do our family's income tax without the need for an accountant and on-line tax programs (yes, I am an old school paper & pencil woman!). Thank you for reliable babysitting and very rare theatre evenings with friends. It shall be fun!
Thank Lord, for these gifts and more!
Love,
Your Daughter