Kitchen Reno: Phase #1

If you have been following my blog over the past 2.5 years, since I moved into this city, you would know that my kitchen/dining room appearance was definitely on my cons list when my husband and I purchased this house. Deep purple walls coupled with worn, outdated reddish-brown mahogany cabinets screamed, "Ug-ly!"

As soon as we settled in, I called in two contractors to present me quotes to completely rip out my old cabinetry and build me something brand spankin' new.

Then came the price of such a reno.

For about a year and a half I waffled back in forth on the issue. Complete overhaul? Or renovate what we have? Back and forth I went, like a crazy preschooler on a teeter-totter. My poor husband couldn't keep track of what side I was on from day to day!

Eventually, I faced my reality. We only have one income. We don't like debt. I don't want to save for ten plus years for a complete re-do. We love our house and we don't want to move just to possess a newer kitchen. But I want to enjoy my current kitchen now (or in the very near future), especially while I am home full-time. The result? The dramatic conclusion? Do. It. Yourself. (With some help from the professionals.)

I know I have to give myself one to two years to get this done (it is challenging doing a reno with two preschoolers running about). There are many little projects that have to be completed to transform our entire kitchen on a budget. But at least there is an affordable and feasible plan in place now!

I am pleased to announce that I have completed Phase 1 of our Kitchen Reno: Painting the Dining Room. Gone are the purple walls. Crisp blues have taken their place. Here are the pictures!

Before:


After:




Stay tuned for Phase 2!

Popular posts from this blog

Is God Good?

Daunting {But Not Impossible}

Banking in the Now