Encouragement from the Past

"... I am God, and there is none like me. I make known the end from the beginning ... My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please." (Isaiah 46:9-10)

My Response to the Lord:

How quickly we stress out. How quickly we question your goodness. How quickly we forget that your plans will stand and this is your world. You own everything. How can we expect the unseen to guide according to human logic? Why do we time and time again reduce you to a level that insults your majesty and holiness? For all this, and more, I ask your forgiveness.

Father God, Awesome Creator of the Vast Universe, you have my dreams out there. You have my children's children out there. You have my life out there. After all you rightfully should  they are yours, really, not mine!

The Lord speaks:

"Listen to me, Rain, all you who remain of my house, you whom I have upheld since you were conceived, and have carried since your birth. Even to your old age and gray hairs I am He, I am He who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you." (Isaiah 46:3-4)

Revised excerpt from my journal, originally penned on August 13,2003.

Popular posts from this blog

Is God Good?

Daunting {But Not Impossible}

Banking in the Now