No Comments, For Now

Sometimes blogging is discouraging. You work hard at composing a post that you believe is thoughtful and the comment counter remains at zero. I do not write this to guilt my readers into commenting. But I do understand why people don't comment as often on my blog:
  1. The weather is getting warmer and there is more exciting things to do than read blogs.
  2. I do not allow my blog to freely circulate on the world wide web. You can only get here because you were given the address or you linked in from somewhere else. Thus, my readership is small in comparison to others. This results in less comments.
  3. I don't consistently "link up" with other communities, neither do I ask others to "link up" to me. As a result, I am not in the chain of people linking up to each other. Which means I do not receive much traffic through my blog. I only follow blogs of people I know in person. And most of the people who follow me know me in person. Again, more reasons for very few comments.
  4. My thoughts, as great as I believe they are at times, are quite "run-of-the-mill". My compositions are not extremely stellar or provocative. Why comment?
I've debated quitting. But I can't. I really enjoy writing. The intellectual stimulation is vital for me at this stage in my life. And I like the thought that someone may be reading my work. However, when the comment status tends to be a zero several posts in a row, my self-worth drops a bit.

My decision? I'm still going to write. But I'm going to write mainly for me. And I will remove my readers ability to comment, for now. That way I am not fixated on a number. If you know me, and you would really like to respond, you probably have my e-mail address. Feel free to comment that way (and some of you do, which I appreciate).

I'll see how this goes. I'm not sure how this will psychologically affect my blogging. Maybe I'll post the same amount? Or more? Or less? Or it may lead to the end of this blog. I'm not sure. Only time will tell.

Popular posts from this blog

Is God Good?

Daunting {But Not Impossible}

Banking in the Now