Can't Sleep, Therefore 50th Post
I've done it. Posted fifty times. Hard to believe. I guess I have more to say than I originally thought.
So here I am in the wee hours of the morning. I really NEED to sleep. But I can't. Maybe my two hour nap yesterday morning has something to do with it! So I'll blog about random stuff, things that could take up an entire post but are not worth that much effort.
1. Last Saturday I gathered my gear and headed off to a city leisure center for my weekly step class. I showed up to find out that there was a track meet on, again. My class was cancelled, again. Why can't our instructor inform us the week before? Annoying. So I drove back to our area, determined to participate in some sort of exercise other than walking. I entered an elite gym with a free pass that I found in the recyclable material I was about to dispose of. Really snazzy place. Brand spanking new. I could have used a tour. No one offered. Kind of weird. Nonetheless, I participated in a boxer-step class. I was too confused with all the boxing moves. I left early to enjoy coffee with a friend.
2. Okay, I have a confession. I enjoy watching Steven and Chris, one of CBC's afternoon talk shows. I hardly ever view the entire show since I am usually hanging out with my daughter at the time. But I get quite a kick out of watching snippets of two metro sexual men talk about makeup and fashion. Chris is my favorite! He is so over-the-top. It is entertaining.
3. Our daughter has an unique learning style. She seems to go through long periods of doing or saying the same sort of things while infants her age have moved on to the next stage. Then suddenly, in a matter of a week, she accomplishes a whole bunch of milestones. It is almost as if she is waiting until there is a higher probability in her succeeding at a particular task before she even tries. Sounds like my husband and I! Anyway, this last week she has gone from being a perpetual roller to crawling, sitting up from laying, balancing on her knees, and climbing up small heights. Look out world, here she comes!
4. The media is in love with Obama. My word. I like the guy, but it seems like he is on T.V. far too much (Super Bowl Sunday, Jay Leno, etc.). And he laughs too much. Apparently on 60 Minutes he was chuckling while he was talking about the economic downturn and the federal bailouts. It is not funny, really.
5. Well, I would like to have a fifth point. I find it hard to leave lists at four items. I don't know why... Random questions: Do you find that laundry and dishes are the two chores that you do over and over and over again? Some days that is all I seem to accomplish! Isn't white bread really delicious? Honestly, if it wasn't for the fact that it is very low on the nutrition scale, I'd eat more of the goodness. I can't think of any more random questions.
I gotta go to bed...
So here I am in the wee hours of the morning. I really NEED to sleep. But I can't. Maybe my two hour nap yesterday morning has something to do with it! So I'll blog about random stuff, things that could take up an entire post but are not worth that much effort.
1. Last Saturday I gathered my gear and headed off to a city leisure center for my weekly step class. I showed up to find out that there was a track meet on, again. My class was cancelled, again. Why can't our instructor inform us the week before? Annoying. So I drove back to our area, determined to participate in some sort of exercise other than walking. I entered an elite gym with a free pass that I found in the recyclable material I was about to dispose of. Really snazzy place. Brand spanking new. I could have used a tour. No one offered. Kind of weird. Nonetheless, I participated in a boxer-step class. I was too confused with all the boxing moves. I left early to enjoy coffee with a friend.
2. Okay, I have a confession. I enjoy watching Steven and Chris, one of CBC's afternoon talk shows. I hardly ever view the entire show since I am usually hanging out with my daughter at the time. But I get quite a kick out of watching snippets of two metro sexual men talk about makeup and fashion. Chris is my favorite! He is so over-the-top. It is entertaining.
3. Our daughter has an unique learning style. She seems to go through long periods of doing or saying the same sort of things while infants her age have moved on to the next stage. Then suddenly, in a matter of a week, she accomplishes a whole bunch of milestones. It is almost as if she is waiting until there is a higher probability in her succeeding at a particular task before she even tries. Sounds like my husband and I! Anyway, this last week she has gone from being a perpetual roller to crawling, sitting up from laying, balancing on her knees, and climbing up small heights. Look out world, here she comes!
4. The media is in love with Obama. My word. I like the guy, but it seems like he is on T.V. far too much (Super Bowl Sunday, Jay Leno, etc.). And he laughs too much. Apparently on 60 Minutes he was chuckling while he was talking about the economic downturn and the federal bailouts. It is not funny, really.
5. Well, I would like to have a fifth point. I find it hard to leave lists at four items. I don't know why... Random questions: Do you find that laundry and dishes are the two chores that you do over and over and over again? Some days that is all I seem to accomplish! Isn't white bread really delicious? Honestly, if it wasn't for the fact that it is very low on the nutrition scale, I'd eat more of the goodness. I can't think of any more random questions.
I gotta go to bed...