25 Random Things

The last few days have been rough. My poor daughter is not herself due to Gastroenteritis (commonly known as the stomach flu). Plus, she is teething... So, I thought I would take a break during her nap time and come up with 25 random things about me.

1. I am paranoid about what kind of information I post in a meme. After all there could be some crazy person out there who may take this information and use it against me!

2. Infants and toddlers freak me out! I have no desire to babysit any of my friends' children under the age of five. I only signed up for nursery duty at my church because they are desperate for workers. I rather hang out with pre-teens or teenagers. I love my own kid though.

3. Someday I would love to experience an "all-inclusive resort" adventure in some tropical paradise. But only for a few days. However, my husband isn't a beach person. Then again, neither am I. Maybe a Mediterranean villa in Greece? We could do a week or two there! Tons of history to discover!

4. I consume dark chocolate for therapeutic reasons. And for pleasure. These days I have been eating a lot of the dark goodness. It has natural serotonin!

5. One of my favourite spring activities is to do the family income tax. By paper. I thoroughly enjoy writing numbers into little blanks. Forget QuickTax. Yes, I am a Math Geek.

6. If I could do our wedding ceremony/reception again and be completely selfish, I would invite a maximum of 50 people and have an intimate party at my favorite retreat center out of the city. But alas, if we did that, a lot of people would be saddened (if not offended) by not being invited.

7. I hate working out in the gym. I feel like a complete dork surrounded by all the machines. Plus, using the bike or treadmill is boring to me. I rather attend a step class. Or go for a walk outside while the sun is shining.

8. My husband owns more t-shirts than I do. On the other hand, I own more pants: dress pants, fitness pants, pajama pants, casual pants (a.k.a. jeans), and maternity pants. Pants for all kinds of occasions and seasons of life!

9. One of the qualities I truly adore about my husband is that he enjoys watching Sci-Fi. I didn't think it was possible to marry someone who actually likes Star Trek, let alone quote episodes (he does a pretty impressive Worf impersonation). Right now we are watching a classic show from the 80's: V - The Final Battle.

10. I try to avoid books that are currently in vogue, especially Christian books. I get annoyed when authors discover one idea and market it to death. Rick Warren comes to mind. Hey, I can envision a new title for him: "The Purpose Driven Life for Pregnant and Nursing Women." Anyway, I like to read a book after it has stood the test of time. The same goes for movies.

11. I have a recurring nightmare of someone walking in on me while I am occupying a bathroom stall in a public place. Don't ask me why.

12. Incompetent and inconsiderate service is one of my pet peeves. A few months ago I was at my local grocery store and some young punk was s-l-o-w-l-y scanning my items because he was too busy chatting it up with the courtesy clerk. "So, um, does Tony go to your school?" At the same store, I have heard employees publicly complaining about the company. "I'm not leaving the company. I am leaving this store." Not very professional. Save it for your coffee break. Why do I shop there? *sigh* It's cheap.

13. I believe 13 is a very blessed number.

14. When I create a To-Do list, I will often place tasks that I have recently completed for the joy of checking the item off!

15. I don't buy green clothes. I look sick when I wear the color. Interesting enough, the walls of our home are a pale green. I wasn't impressed with that when I purchased the place. But I do appreciate it now. It is calming.

16. I check my e-mail and blog too many times during the day. And sometimes I have insecurity issues when no one responds. Has anyone posted a comment? Is there an e-mail message? Why hasn't anyone responded to this e-mail? It's okay. I understand. People are busy. But this slight addiction of mine is one reason why I am NOT on Facebook. And just imagine: Why doesn't she want to be my friend? Nobody loves me.

17. Sometimes I have desire to scrap my career and try something dramatically new. Interior Designer? Commercial Pilot? Dietitian? Aerobics Instructor? Financial Planner? Coffee Shop Owner? And - yes, you might have guessed it - Accountant! (Hmmm, dare I say, Pastor...?) Too bad I don't believe in reincarnation.

18. I once ate turtle. It tasted like chicken. No kidding.

19. Ottawa Senators suck! (My love... this one was for you!)

20. The Book of Ecclesiastes is my current favorite book of the Bible. My favorites change from year to year. Despite the name, it will be a long time until Numbers will be in my top ten!

21. The three appliances that I cherish in my kitchen are: (1) dishwasher, (2) hand blender, and (3) electric kettle. Reasons? I do not enjoy washing dishes. My daughter and I are big smoothy fans. My husband and I savor strong Tetley tea.

22. I am not a games person. But my husband is. I have a "one game a day" rule during times with my in-laws. He'd play 3 - 4 in a row if he could. Though, I will play Settlers of Catan any day. But only once. Otherwise I might cry when I lose a second time. It's happened.

23. When I was a pre-teen, I was a bit of a tom-boy. I'd rather skip rocks or play football with the neighborhood boys. Girly-girls drove me crazy. Chasing after "Hot" boys was a waste of my time. Yet, I was intensely keen on learning the tasks of managing a household. I remember doing the family laundry when I was only ten years old. Why? I wanted to marry a farmer. So much for that. :)

24. First time I went on a roller coaster was on my honeymoon. I screamed through the entire ride with terror. At the end, I exclaimed: "That was SO fun!" But one time was enough that day.

25. When I was a kid, I was ashamed of my middle name. People would butcher it in their attempt to pronounce it. I love it now! Hope our daughter feels the same way about her "hard to pronounce" middle name. (Sorry, can't tell you the middle names. You might be that crazy person who may try to steal our identities. Tragically, it may be too late...)

Popular posts from this blog

Is God Good?

Daunting {But Not Impossible}

Banking in the Now