Broken? Sick? Depressed? Overwhelmed?

Baby is down for her morning nap. An aromatic cup of coffee has been brewed. I am comforted by the silence around me. Yet, my heart aches... aches for dear friends and family who are going through difficult times in their lives. I wish I could visit each of you right now. I desire to listen to your stories and share your burdens. If I were a magician, I would wave my magic wand and make all the pain and sorrow disappear. But I am not gifted with such powers. Thus, I will do the one thing that I can do in this moment of time. Pray scripture for you.

Some of you are suffering due to a broken relationship. You have been rejected and scorned. Intimacy has disappear and you feel so lonely. The LORD appears to [you] saying: "I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness. I will build you up again and you will be rebuilt... Again you will take up your tambourines and go out to dance with the joyful. (Jeremiah 31:3-4)

Others of you are dealing with sickness, either your own personal sickness or the sickness of others in your family. You wonder if God is the miraculous healer of the Bible. You question why some people are healed and others are left to suffer. Despite it all, I encourage you to rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:4-7)

Many of you are struggling with depression, despair, and hopelessness. It may be clinical or circumstantial or a combination thereof. Sometimes the enemy whispers lies into your ears. Other times a weight of worry and guilt suffocates the joy in your life. But the Lord is a compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness. May He turn to you and have mercy on you; grant you strength and save you. May He give you a sign of His goodness, that your enemies may see it and be put to shame, for the LORD will help you and comforted you. (Adapted from Psalm 86:15-17)

Lastly, several of you are overwhelmed with the day-to-day responsibilities that are thrown your way. You are exhausted. You feel that you are not performing your best. May the words of Christ grant you comfort: Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. (Matthew 11:28-30)

I love you my dear friends and family. May God grant you rest in your souls.

Popular posts from this blog

Is God Good?

Daunting {But Not Impossible}

Banking in the Now