A Life Worthy


"...lead a life worthy of your calling, for you have been called by God. Be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other's faults because of your love. Always keep yourselves united in the Holy Spirit, and bind yourselves together with peace." (Apostle Paul, Ephesians 4:1-3)

I am a control freak. I appreciate order instead of chaos. I cherish harmony. I avoid conflict. I often feel personally responsible for the maintenance of my relationships. I want everyone to get along. Sometimes, much to my shame, I wish people could just be like me. And, when my life seems out of control (or I am unable to control people), I rearrange the glasses in my cupboard. The glasses don't complain. They just move at my command.

But Paul reminds me to be humble, gentle, and patient with others. He exhorts me to graciously accept the people around me despite their imperfections. Paul is not expecting me to mask conflict with the guise of harmony, but rather to draw on the power of the Holy Spirit to work toward peace.

I need to lead a life worthy of the calling I have received from Christ.

Popular posts from this blog

Is God Good?

Daunting {But Not Impossible}

Banking in the Now