Color Behaviour Chart Postscript
I do not open up my blog for comments. I desire to write for me and my kids, instead of being fixated on how many comments I receive (or do not receive). However, I welcome e-mail comments from those who know me personally. Thanks to a friend's perspective on the "Clipped Down to Yellow" post, I write this postscript:
While the Color Behaviour Chart works well for my daughter, as a way to motivate her to monitor her own behaviour, it may not work with every child. It may communicate inaccurate views of self worth. In addition, it may not be beneficial for children with behavioural needs, such as those who struggle with ADD, ADHD, Autism spectrum disorder, etc.
In the end, I do trust my daughter's teacher -- as she is an exceptional teacher -- that she is using it appropriately.
While the Color Behaviour Chart works well for my daughter, as a way to motivate her to monitor her own behaviour, it may not work with every child. It may communicate inaccurate views of self worth. In addition, it may not be beneficial for children with behavioural needs, such as those who struggle with ADD, ADHD, Autism spectrum disorder, etc.
In the end, I do trust my daughter's teacher -- as she is an exceptional teacher -- that she is using it appropriately.