Forget Fancy-Smancy

This contemplation began with a realization that a dream or two of mine may not come to fruition. I had many plans in my heart. But some will be lost. Or reconceptualized to say the least.

Do I wake up in the morning and live the life I've been given with true joy and thankfulness? Some days I do. Some days I do not. Instead I look to others and covet their lives, their dreams, their purpose.

But their lives, their dream, their purpose was never gifted to me in the first place.

Today I saw "fancy-smancy Mommy" driving her white SUV with perfect make-up, cream-colored spring jacket and stylish black leather boots. For a moment, I wanted the appearance of her life. Ridiculous, isn't it? She was obviously off to some great job, dressed for success, establishing a stunning career while probably being a super-mother-of-three. While I am walking around in a frumpy blue spring jacket getting ready to grocery shop, recycle and do laundry. Comparison is the robber of joy, isn't it?

You know what kids, I do have a blessed life. I do. I just need to look past what I don't have and what I want to have and what I wish I had and EMBRACE what I do have and am TODAY.

I've been meditating on the Lord's Prayer:

Our Father in heaven,
May your name be kept holy.
May your Kingdom come soon.
May your will be done on earth,
As it is in heaven.
Give us today the food we need,
And forgive us our sins,
As we have forgiven those who sin against us.
And don’t let us yield to temptation,
But rescue us from the evil one. Matthew 6:9-13


As I read the above, I realize, so much of life is NOT ABOUT ME! It is about our Father in Heaven. It is about keeping His Name Holy. It is wanting His Kingdom to come SOON. It is about actualizing His Will on Earth. It is forgiving others, not yielding to temptation with His strength and motivation AND allowing ourselves to be rescued by God. All the while knowing that our Father will give us what we need TODAY (so why worry about tomorrow?) and He will forgive our sins because of His immense love for us.

That puts it all into perspective, doesn't it?

Popular posts from this blog

Is God Good?

Daunting {But Not Impossible}

Banking in the Now