This Week in Preschool: Rainy Days

Dear Kids,

Last year, when we were returning from a family holiday in a neighboring province, I realized how much of an oasis our city is in this corner of our world. Just west of our dwelling is bald, rolling prairie. It's dry, dusty, blasted by sun, and whipped by wind.


Thus, we welcome the rain.

It's raining outside. A cool spring breeze is rustling through our chimes and willow's leaves. An occasional bird tweets a song. The parched grass, blooming shrubs, newly planted perennials and potted plants are soaking up the moisture. You can almost see them grow.




We stayed inside. I kept my household tasks to a minimum. And we enjoyed a sabbath from our usual busy week. I wore my comfy cozy clothes. We played board games. You both painted pictures and worked on a puzzle (Son, your recent addiction). I made one of your favorite lunches consisting of cream of broccoli cheese soup (much to your Daddy's chagrin) and toast. Now you are both watching Veggie Tales while I blog.




Yes, we welcomed this rainy day.

Love,
Your Mommy

Popular posts from this blog

Is God Good?

Daunting {But Not Impossible}

Banking in the Now