Waiting...

A cloud of uncertainty invades
The sunny skies of my soul.
The path ahead dims.
I only view the now,
The patch of dirt beneath my feet.
I pause from my previous confident stride,
Wondering
As I aimlessly kick loose pebbles below.
Where to go?
What to do?
How do we get there?
Voices compete for my attention:
Good voices, well intentioned voices.
I am afraid,
Scared of making a mistake on the road ahead.
I do not know whose voice to heed.
The clouds grow darker, threatening to rain.
I proceed with caution, what else can I do?
I peer up at the sky, trying to find a glimpse of God's rays.
Nothing seems forthcoming.
Thus, I wait...
The sunny skies of my soul.
The path ahead dims.
I only view the now,
The patch of dirt beneath my feet.
I pause from my previous confident stride,
Wondering
As I aimlessly kick loose pebbles below.
Where to go?
What to do?
How do we get there?
Voices compete for my attention:
Good voices, well intentioned voices.
I am afraid,
Scared of making a mistake on the road ahead.
I do not know whose voice to heed.
The clouds grow darker, threatening to rain.
I proceed with caution, what else can I do?
I peer up at the sky, trying to find a glimpse of God's rays.
Nothing seems forthcoming.
Thus, I wait...
Though tears fall from the firmament above.
I hope for a new path to be revealed
As I take small steps of faith.
I hope for a new path to be revealed
As I take small steps of faith.