I'm Loving This!

During the early months of my daughter's life I would inevitably be asked the question, "So, are you enjoying motherhood?" (Of course, there were other questions like "Is she sleeping through the night?" and "Are you nursing?" Both of which were initially very annoying. Anyway, I digress.) Motherhood... I would hesitate in response. "Yes, mostly, um... it is quite the change from my job. Don't get me wrong! I love HER," came my tentative answer.
The first two months of my daughter's life were HARD. University Calculus seemed like a walk in the park in comparison. SHE was a good baby, on the whole, but life was very challenging in the feeding department. Things did not go as expected. I felt overwhelmed, under qualified, and inadequate. Yet, my daughter kept on growing. She started to reveal more of her personality. And we began to rediscover the world through the eyes of our little girl.
Lately we have been REALLY enjoying her. She is delightful and still very manageable. She enjoys consuming a variety of healthy foods. She doesn't "get into things" yet. She doesn't talk back to us, though she may cry in protest. She is entertained by the most simplest things! She is pretty economical (unlike the ditsy blond on that ridiculous Rogers commercial. If my daughter wanted a pink Blackberry Pearl Flip with the three year contract for Christmas, I'd retort, "Get a job." I know, I know... I might go against my quasi-Luddite leanings someday. But not today.). AND, when we go out, people still smile and ask us about our baby with the pretty gray eyes.
I'm loving this!