7 Signs

    7 signs that I have become a parent:

    1. I listen to "old music" that was typical of my generation. I rarely go to music stores to buy a new CD. I do not have an iTunes library. I don't follow the current radio trends. Instead, I get excited when Glass Tiger, Ah Ha, and Roxette get some air time. Currently, I am listening to Toddler Bible Songs and classical music.

    2. I rarely sleep in anymore. My daughter dictates my wake up time. Gone are the days when I could leisurely lounge in bed until 10 a.m. But, I do get to nap when she is napping, if I desire.
    3. I am more interested in buying clothes for my daughter than myself. I will spend more time in the baby section of the department store. I am more likely to spontaneously spend cash on her than myself. (However, I do need to go shopping for myself! My wardrobe needs a face lift!)

    4. My baby literacy has increased. Name brands such as Graco, Evenflo, Safety First, Tiny Love, Fisher Price, Gerber, Baby Einstein, and Nuby actually represent something. I know what it means to "put down" a baby. I use simple sentences such as "Time to go by by." And I understand that the imperial system is generally utilized to measure a baby's weight while the metric system is used to quantify a baby's head circumference.
    5. My body is sore from lifting a child, lugging a car seat, and carrying my daughter on my hip. Also, my post-pregnancy frame feels different than my pre-pregnancy one. More reasons to go for fabulous massages!
    6. My husband and I exchange funny baby stories. It is typical for one parent to excitedly call the other parent to watch our child reach another milestone. We are constantly making up silly songs just to get a reaction from our daughter. And we still love watching our baby sleep.
    7. I look at the world differently. I cannot watch news stories about domestic violence, especially if it involves infants or toddlers. I have a new appreciation of how God loves us as His children. And my heart has a deeper understanding of the agony that Mary went through when she watched her son Jesus Christ die on a cross.

    I am sure there are other things... that is all I can think of right now.

    Popular posts from this blog

    Is God Good?

    Daunting {But Not Impossible}

    Banking in the Now