I Forgive You

Dear Child,

I forgive you.

I forgive you for all the times you think you are insignificant and ugly. I forgive you for comparing yourself with others, wishing that you were living another person's life or dreams, instead of being content in the reality I've placed you in. I forgive you for coveting the external beauty of others while looking at your own physique with disdain. I want you to know that you are significant. Your life has a purpose. Even right now. And you are beautiful. At this wonderful moment.

I forgive you for judging others in an attempt to feel better about yourself. Yes, you have reasons for why you do what you do. But that doesn't mean others who do things differently are stupid or ignorant or wrong. Be blessed in the calling you have received from me. Know that I smile on you. But as you speak up for truth in obedience to me, be gracious with others. And know that everyone is living a unique curriculum designed for them by me.

I forgive you for doing things more out of obligation or duty instead of love. I completely understand how mundane your life must seem. You do the same tasks or assume the same responsibilities over and over again. You do it because you are expected to. I know there are times you just want to quit and walk away from it all. Don't. Do it ALL out of love. For me. For them. And if you can't or you really don't want to, ask me to empower you and grant you the divine desire to do so.

I forgive you for seeking other people's affirmation before mine. Remember, people will fail you. And you will fail them. But I will never fail. Ever. Seek me and you will always find me. Promise. I know the limelight is tempting. You desire recognition and the applause of human hands. Rather, stand in my brilliant light. I will notice you. I always do. And my hands are ever present to encourage, to uplift, to provide you with true hope.

I forgive you. I love you. I died for you so you can escape all this sin. Come to me. I'll be your rest, your everything.

Love,
God

Popular posts from this blog

Is God Good?

Daunting {But Not Impossible}

Banking in the Now