Thankfulness #28: Garage Sale Saturday

A garage sale at our house: lots of work, but felt good to do. The clouds threatened to pour rain all day. But it didn't. Thankfully. And we collected $130 from people who wanted our stuff.

My daughter, you danced around and cheered when something significant was sold. "Yay, the play pen is gone!" Yes, that and the stroller, car seat, cloth diapers, diaper pail, a toddler's bedspread with butterflies, a few toys and puzzles along with a small collection of clothes. A twinge of sadness threatened to overshadow my resolve to move beyond the infant stage to embrace the now. I let the feeling pass and smiled as the red wagon replaced the location of my Graco "Travel System".

"Yes, we don't need the play pen any more. We do not have any babies in our house," I remarked.

"But you are thankful for your children," you stated as a fact.

"I am very thankful that God blessed me with you two kids," I smiled as you pranced around in gleeful joy.

Later on in the day, my son, you looked at me with those sweet brown eyes as you paused from coloring a stegosaurus deep purple, "Do snakes have pip-pees?" I laughed at your random question with the Hindi slang for private parts and deferred the question, "Go ask your Dad!" You giggled and wandered off to find your Daddy.

Supper was spent at Boston Pizza, courtesy of an early Father's Day celebration for your Daddy and extra cash from our morning sales. Your Daddy and I rehashed the deals we made with others and discussed one of your Daddy's favourite novels, namely Shogun (by James Clavell), which I was reading during the afternoon lull. You kids munched the yummy Hawaiian pizza contentedly. Afterwards, in the car, you both said with such sincerity, "Thank you Mommy and Daddy for taking us to the restaurant."

"What good little kids with such good manners," I commented, "I love you!" Then I paused and added, "We love you even if you are not good. We love you no matter what."

Kids, it was a good day. And I am thankful.

Popular posts from this blog

Is God Good?

Daunting {But Not Impossible}

Banking in the Now