Kitchen Reno: Phase #3 & #4

I am more and more pleased on how this kitchen renovation has been going! My husband grins when I tell him, once again, for the umpteenth time, "I really like this. I am so glad we did it!" It is an added blessing that we are accomplishing it with cash instead of debt (so far, that is).

The remodelling of our kitchen hasn't been without its challenges. We've made mistakes. We are dealing with mild plumbing issues. Our fridge and dishwasher, which we bought upon purchasing this home, are giving us issues, again! But lately, it has been more positive than negative.

Phase #3 has been resurfacing our kitchen cabinets, door frames, and trim ourselves. As mentioned in a previous blog post, we used Rust-Oleum Cabinet Transformations in the colour Quilters White (an ivory/creamy white). We updated the hardware from the out-dated brass to brushed bronze. Furthermore, we are in the process of painting the interior of our cabinets a high-gloss white and lining the shelves with plastic surface protector. This phase is still ongoing. Here are the before and after pictures!

Before: Cabinet Doors & Interiors
 
 


After: Cabinet Doors & Interiors



  
Phase #4 was resurfacing/remodelling our counter top with a high quality laminate (it looks like granite). For this job, we contracted a reputable carpenter in our city. This carpenter also updated our sink and faucet. Furthermore, he removed three overhanging cabinets to create a "peninsula" and remodelled the corner cabinet that was effected by the demolition (Phase #5). Here are the before and after pictures of the counter top. I'll post before and after pictures of our peninsula after we finish patching up our ceiling, refinishing the corner cabinets, and attached the remaining upper cabinet doors (see why I gave myself a year to get this done?). Enjoy!

Before: Counter top, Sink & Faucet





After: Counter top, Sink & Faucet




Now, I need to completely finish Phase #3!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Is God Good?

Daunting {But Not Impossible}

Banking in the Now