Thankfulness #25: A Week of Winter Fun!
Dear Kiddos,
My joy was threatened prior to Winter Break by a hack job to my e-mail contact list. Within moments, suspicious e-mails were sent bearing my address to every single person or organization associated with your Daddy and I. Panic set in and my peace was shaken. So began the arduous task of communicating "it wasn't me" and switching to a more secure platform.
In spite of the unfortunate "hiccup" to my morning routine, the day progressed to the anticipated weekend. Your Daddy and I benefited from free babysitting, compliments of our church, which allowed us to indulge in supper for *just the two of us* at a local happenin' restaurant. We even had some time to watch snippets of Anne of Green Gables that evening, as suggested by your Daddy!
Sunday and Monday were more hectic than envisioned. A whirlwind visit to your Grandparents (on both sides) motivated by a semi-spontaneous milestone celebration was filled with rapid visiting, ravenous cake-eating, and cautious driving on snow-rutted roads. It was a bit crazy. But fun.
Then, the rest of the week unraveled with further delight. I'd recommend stay-cation periodically, as a way to enjoy the gifts one's city has to offer. Here is the fun we enjoyed:
Love,
Your Mommy
| Building a Snow Fort |
My joy was threatened prior to Winter Break by a hack job to my e-mail contact list. Within moments, suspicious e-mails were sent bearing my address to every single person or organization associated with your Daddy and I. Panic set in and my peace was shaken. So began the arduous task of communicating "it wasn't me" and switching to a more secure platform.
In spite of the unfortunate "hiccup" to my morning routine, the day progressed to the anticipated weekend. Your Daddy and I benefited from free babysitting, compliments of our church, which allowed us to indulge in supper for *just the two of us* at a local happenin' restaurant. We even had some time to watch snippets of Anne of Green Gables that evening, as suggested by your Daddy!
Sunday and Monday were more hectic than envisioned. A whirlwind visit to your Grandparents (on both sides) motivated by a semi-spontaneous milestone celebration was filled with rapid visiting, ravenous cake-eating, and cautious driving on snow-rutted roads. It was a bit crazy. But fun.
Then, the rest of the week unraveled with further delight. I'd recommend stay-cation periodically, as a way to enjoy the gifts one's city has to offer. Here is the fun we enjoyed:
- Tuesday, February 19 ~ Skating at a local arena organized by our church's AWANA club.
- Wednesday, February 20 ~ A free Winter Carnival courtesy of the city's Parent Support Network
- Thursday, February 21 ~ Swimming at our indoor aquatic centre
- Friday, February 22 ~ Story Time at the Library with your friends (thanks D., you are awesome!)
- Saturday, February 23 ~ Sledding and building a Snow Fort in spring-like weather
I am learning one thing as a resident of the Prairies: If you desire to truly enjoy life in this neck of the non-woods, then embrace winter instead of complaining about its woes.
And that's what we did this last week. I am thankful as I write in the wee hours of the morning. Gotta sleep...
And that's what we did this last week. I am thankful as I write in the wee hours of the morning. Gotta sleep...
Love,
Your Mommy