Oh My Magenta

"What color do you want?" I asked.

"Pink!" she exclaimed with twinkling eyes. I gazed over the various hues and picked out a bright one. I read the label on the bottle of nail enamel: "#285 - Oh My Magenta". Sounded pink to me (Aunty K. would be proud!).

"Can I hold it?" she inquired.

"Yes you may. But do not open it! We need to buy it," I responded.

A couple of days later, while she relaxed on her Mommy and Daddy's big cozy bed, I proclaimed, "Mommy's going to give you a pedicure! But you have to sit really still."

"Okay!" she agreed with the gushing enthusiasm of a preschooler.

And she sat still, stiller than she has ever been for any activity. I painted each toe nail with care while cleaning up any spills on her delicate skin. And then I massaged her feet with some yummy peppermint plum foot lotion.

"Does that feel good?" I asked.

"Yes!" she smiled with joy. "I'm going to show Daddy! He will like my pretty toes!"

And he did.

Popular posts from this blog

Is God Good?

Daunting {But Not Impossible}

Banking in the Now