My Mantras

Kids were sick. Now husband is sick. Got out for Mom's group. Yay! Though mostly I am stuck in the house taking care of feverish brows and runny noses. Oh, I hope I don't get ill! I don't have TIME to get ill!!!

I believe the act of Motherhood was entrusted to me to remind my over-achieving, perfectionist spirit to let go and let God. I am a control freak, but I can't control the people in my life. I'd like to control the physical chaos in the my world by putting things back into order, like those boxes in my basement - argh!!! But alas, I'm dolling out medicine, pouring apple juice, nursing a baby during the night, reading another story to my toddler, and worrying about the health of my family amongst other things.

It's okay, because I've been whispering these verses under my breath over and over again:

Be anxious for NOTHING , but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the PEACE of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:6-7, emphasis added)

And my spirit has been singing this song by Robin Mark during moments when my heart foolishly and selfishly longs for "perfect times" when life is all about ME and MY plans:

Jesus, all for Jesus,
All I am and have and ever hope to be.

All of my ambitions, hopes and plans
I surrender these into Your hands.

For it's only in Your will that I am free,
Jesus, all for Jesus,
All I am and have and ever hope to be.

My mantras. My encouragement and inspiration to keep on doing what God has called me to do TODAY.

Popular posts from this blog

Is God Good?

Daunting {But Not Impossible}

Banking in the Now