Should've
I should be sleeping, right now. Both children are napping. A rare moment.Should've... I find I say that a lot. Often, the words echo in my mind after reflecting on some decision I have made. Take my son's birth announcement, for example. The morning of the picture shoot was rushed. We made it to the studio on time to discover that the family before us was running late. My husband and daughter are not the biggest fans of professional photography (According to my husband, the situation is highly fake. Though, he appreciates the results in the end. My daughter is two. Enough said.). I, on the other hand, enjoy posing for a photographer. My son is indifferent. :) The session began, finally. We worked with our daughter to "kiss" our son. The photographer tried to capture the moment. After obtaining a few precious pictures, my husband scooted off with our daughter so that I could finish the session with our son. Once done, I rapidly picked the birth announcement and other portraits. I was keenly aware that the next family was waiting for their turn. I didn't want their session to be compromised because of me. Plus, I knew my daughter was probably going nuts in the store somewhere!
Just the other day, I received our package. Everything was excellent, except I noticed that our son's birth announcement was generic. Albeit blue, there wasn't any "It's a Boy!" statements. Immediately, the "should've" thoughts flooded my mind. I complained to my husband. His response was preciously logical, "People will know it's a boy from the name."
True. But, I should've... You know, I need to stop "shoulding" all over the place! I could go on about this character flaw of mine ad nauseum. But I will not. Because I should take a nap.
Sweet dreams...