Ten Twitter-Type Thoughts

I really do not desire to be a Twitter participant. However, since these haphazard thoughts are "Twitter-like", I thought the above title was appropriate.

1. Visited Indigo. I was browsing through books at Indigo with my husband. Paused in the baby section. Read a few sections from Unbuttoned: Women Open Up About the Pleasures, Pains, and Politics of Breastfeeding. Almost cried while skimming through one of the chapters. Wish I read this book before I went through my experience. Seems like a balanced view of the issues.

2. Saw green and orange cars. I've noticed something in my drives around the city. Aspen green and burnt orange are the two colors of choice in new cars these days. Dig the green. Not a fan of the orange. Maybe we'll get a snazzy aspen green Toyota Prius when the price of hybrid cars drop in market value.

3. Watched the Gags. My husband was watching Just for Laughs: Gags a few weeks ago. I joined him. A human behaviour caught my attention. Many of the "victims" covered their mouths in shock when they accidentally did something wrong. Got me wondering. Why do we cover our mouths? Are we ashamed of our teeth? Do we feel self-conscious when our mouths gap open?

4. Anniversary came and went. Anniversary cards and wishes are down with each year we are married. When we exchanged our nuptials, we received wedding cards galore. And people seemed excited when our first anniversary rolled around. Now it is "same old, same old". I guess we need to wait for our 25th anniversary to get some attention. (Note: This is not a desperate cry for some anniversary cards or wishes, rather it is an observation of a somewhat sad societal reality.)

5. Got a haircut. I willingly lost four inches of hair while conversing with my stylist. He was impressed that my husband and I are planning to switch roles this coming school year. While our culture has a long way to go in supporting stay-at-home Dads, there is much more acceptance of the venture. That's encouraging.

6. Ate Tandoori chips. The prairies are beginning to embrace Indian food, finally. At a friend's wedding rehearsal, I sampled some chips. The flavor was Tandoori! Pretty cool. Anyway, I am noticing more Indian restaurants popping up around the city. Almost everyone knows what a samosa is! And many individuals have sampled butter chicken. About time, isn't it?

7. Attended weddings. I participated in a dear friend's wedding last weekend. This Saturday, we are planning to celebrate another friend's marriage. You know what I appreciate about ceremonies and receptions these days? Uniqueness. My friend had a Dino Bouncer for the kids at her wedding. It was a hit.

8. Went out with my princess. I love shopping with my daughter. It is so delightful to watch her stare at her surroundings with sheer wonder and curiosity. Want complete strangers to smile at you when you go out? Cart around a baby. Grins guaranteed.

9. Reading fabulous books. I've been reading an intriguing book entitled The Hound of the Baskervilles. It is a Sherlock Holmes mystery. Afterwards, I will move on to The Secret Life of Bees. Interestingly enough, I've read more books as a full-time mother than when I was working. I guess I need the intellectual stimulation these days.

10. Using Bum Genius. I've switched to cloth diapers (though I use disposables for excursions). Bum Genius 3.0 in particular. My sister was the inspiration for my change. What a brilliantly designed reusable diaper! Plus it comes in all kinds of colors, including pink!

Anyway, enough "twittering"...

Popular posts from this blog

Is God Good?

Daunting {But Not Impossible}

Banking in the Now