So Long, Farewell

Yesterday marked the official end to my unofficial "Christmas holidays". True, as a stay-at-home Mom, I do not receive a true holiday from my "work". However, the last three weeks have been different from the norm. First, it was the Christmas season. Life was busy with purchasing gifts for loved ones, putting up decorations, buying good eats (I hardly bake, except muffins), and spending time with family. Second, my sister, her husband and son came to visit us from afar. Good times. Yesterday, they returned home via airplane.

Now I must say farewell to the past and move on with the future:

1. Farewell to R & M. It was absolutely wonderful to have them visit this frigid land during Christmas. We enjoyed riveting hours of Settlers of Catan (Seafarers version); frantic Christmas shopping followed by leisurely gift openings; consuming good food (too much food!); relaxing moments of conversations (as well as stimulating debates on politics); and joyfully watching our kids interact with each other! Of course, I had my usual crying episode after I returned home from the airport.

2. So Long Christmas Diet. I had finally returned to my pre-pregnancy weight before the festive celebrations (it took me nine months to put it on, and nine months to take it off). BUT, all the Christmas suppers; sinfully delicious chocolate; yummy baking courtesy of friends and family; and perpetual snacking has taken its toll. Plus it has been wretchedly cold, therefore making it difficult for me to face the wind chill and go for a walk. That's it! Things need to change! No, I will not embrace some crazy diet! I will just return to drinking lots of water, eating more fruits and vegetables, and getting more exercise. I think I may join a step class once a week during the winter months so I could eliminate at least one day of walking around the block.

3. So Long, Farewell Procrastination. There was one thing I hoped to accomplish during my maternity leave: do some high school calculus. Okay, I know this may shock some people. It may even cause some repulsive reflex reactions on your part. WHY would anyone like to study calculus in their SPARE time? Well, I do. Because, I happen to enjoy Math (shocker!) and I feel I need some intellectual stimulation other than baby talk. In addition, I do not want the Mathematical side of my brain to go to mush!

Gotta go drink a glass a water and find my calculus textbook...

Popular posts from this blog

Is God Good?

Daunting {But Not Impossible}

Banking in the Now