Creek Side Photoshoot

For my 40th birthday, I asked family to contribute funds toward a new DSLR camera instead of gifting me something else. After receiving generous donations to my camera fund (thank you!) and saving for a few extra months, I purchased a brand new Canon EOS Rebel T5 with an additional zoom lens packaged with the price. Yay!

I am definitely not a brilliant photographer. But I am above average, I think. At one point in my life, I aspired to be a professional photographer, where I would capture wedding bliss. But then I realized the steps to be really awesome would require much time and investment (and a lot of summer weekends). That's a commitment and goal I am just not ready for yet. Maybe one day. Or not.

In the meanwhile, I want discover my new camera, and determine what it can and cannot do. I'd like to refine the art and science my skill and build an informal portfolio. Maybe I'll take a class or two to learn something new. For now, I aim to just play and click and practice.

In my blog post Embracing 40, I listed seven goals that I would like to accomplish in the next decade. One of them was, "Paint a picture (or two or three)". I'd like to change that goal to "Explore the arts through photography and painting".

So, here is my first installment of pictures. Like I said, they are not brilliant works of art, but they are beautiful because of the subjects (you, my dear family) and the background (the scenery in my community). Enjoy!






Popular posts from this blog

Is God Good?

Daunting {But Not Impossible}

Banking in the Now