Just Fine

Do you really know what is going in my life? Do you?

Do you know what made me cry recently? Do you know who made me smile today? Do you know what caused me frustration and anger a few days ago? Do you know what secret dreams of mine are being fulfilled?

Do you? Probably not.

But can I answer these questions about the dear people I call my family and friends? Can I put words to these queries in reference to you, my twelve or so readers out there amongst billions (thanks for being the precious few who do stop by). I wish I could say a resounding YES. But, I can't.

Oh, I know, I could join Facebook and at least read the mostly surface status lines of my "friends". But would that enlighten me about what is going on in the recesses of your mind, the depths of your heart, and the secret rooms of your soul? I doubt it. But then again, do I even have a right to know? (And sadly, do I really want to know?)

There are days I ache to meet with each of the individuals I have come to love over the years, one by one. I wish I could sit down with each person for hours. The purpose: to strip away layers of superficiality, get past the token "how are you's" and "I'm fine's", and divulge into issues that matter.

In the meanwhile, I tell you what I tell most, "I'm fine. We are all fine. Just fine."

A note to my readers, especially those of you who know me personally: This post was not written to make you feel guilty. But rather, it is an observation of how busy our lives get, to the point that we don't know what is really going on in the lives of those we claim to love.

Popular posts from this blog

Is God Good?

Daunting {But Not Impossible}

Banking in the Now