Random Things...

Very few people really know me, deep, deep, down inside. I keep much of me “in-check”, just so you don’t get offended. Too often, I worry about what others think. Sometimes I wish I could just spew the crazy emotions inside and let people just deal with it. But I don’t. Cause I really can’t afford to lose my friends and family.

Some days I feel caged, trapped, and utterly frustrated by the recesses of my mind. People say I think too much. It’s true. I over-analyze and under-rate almost everything. I will blame my scientific, perfectionist, dramatic personality that I’m genetically disposed to. I guess it isn’t my fault and my forefathers are to blame. :)

God knew what He was doing when He yoked me with my husband. My soul mate sees me at my worst, and still chooses to love me. He is God’s picture of unconditional love to me. There are days I rant and rave and over-react. More often than not, he just listens without judging or offers the opposite perspective to challenge me – how beautiful and refreshing!

So here are some random things in random order that you may not know about me:

  1. I believe what we define as a “swear” is a socially constructed. What is rude and crude in one culture may be totally accepted in another. And there may be times when a supposed swear word is totally appropriate to use, even by a Jesus-follower. Jesus himself had a few choice words for the Pharisees. After all, some things need to be G-damned (though I hesitate to judge what deserves the phrase).
  2. I am a terrible spell-er. I thank God for the "ABC check mark" icon.
  3. According to my experience, God’s authentic work often isn't done by the institutionalized church. Many of our programs and committees are functioning through excellent human effort instead of supernatural acts of the Holy Spirit. We choose to be bound by the definitions of our committees instead of being freed to pursue risky ventures that may bring many to Christ.
  4. The more viral a movement is in a particular organization or culture, the more skeptical I become in regards to the movement. I usually observe and analyze before jumping on any band wagon.
  5. I think that every Christian should physically spend some time amongst the poor, needy, orphaned and/or widowed. Christ did. Why do some of us believe we are exempted?
  6. For some of you, this may be heretical, but I am willing to consider that God may have used evolution to bring our world into existence. True, I lean towards a literal seven day event. But I am open to ideas, since it is hard to ascertain what exactly happened back then. After all, do the fine details really matter in the grand scheme of things? God is the Creator of the Universe. I don’t dispute that one iota. However, the method for that creation is up for debate in my mind.
  7. The only kind of shopping I enjoy is grocery shopping because it is a regular outing and I relish eating! Plus I find pleasure in purchasing gifts for others. Otherwise, shopping stresses me out! My upbringing has taught me to buy items on sale. But, I don’t enjoy wandering through store after store in search of a bargain (or surfing the net for that matter). Neither do I find pleasure in perusing products for “just the fun of it”, since it tempts me to spend necessary money on unnecessary things. Anyway, I rather sit down and do the monthly budget and leave it to my friends and family to find deals for me.
  8. I love personality tests. Do you have one I can do for fun?
  9. I wish I could travel more, dance more, write more, relax more, read more, hike more, and study more. I wish I could worry less. And one day I want to eat a chocolate cake for supper.
  10. After spending too much time discussing stereotypical female topics within large groups of mothers, I desperately crave raw intellectualism, professional discourse, and scintillating theology (or a riveting Star Trek NG episode!). Or I have to sit in a quiet place and center myself through prayer, reflection, and these words: “Do not compare and compete out of a desire to be the perfect mother.”
I will end my disclosures for today.

Popular posts from this blog

Is God Good?

Daunting {But Not Impossible}

Banking in the Now