Eternal Dreams

I am exhausted by feeling this way. Somethings gotta change. And soon, before I have to enter another year of life in this place.

We are approaching almost one whole year of living in this beautiful little city. And I must admit, I am actually REALLY enjoying my life here. I guess it helps that it is summer! My flowers are in full bloom, my small row of veggies are thriving, and our yard looks pretty darn good thanks to the insightful landscaping of our predecessors.

And then I go inside...

I do LOVE the house that we have bought. But some days I got overwhelmed by all the renovation projects that need to be accomplished to bring my home to the standard imprinted on my mind. While I have no desire to go bigger, I definitely want things to get better. And at times I get consumed by materialist thoughts. For instance, I've contemplated paint colors ad nauseum as of late. My aesthetic dilemmas have driven me on numerous trips to the hardware store, cushions in hand, to match paint chips to fabric. Shall I go with Solo or Warm Hug? How about Yukon Sky or Pale Avocado? And this is just the cusp of the projects I wish to tackle. There always seems to be some room or some space that needs a refreshing update. But questions arise! How do we manage this on one income without going into ridiculous debt? Should I do a cheaper, functional renovation in the next year or two or save up for a major overhaul five to ten years from now?

And you know what? Who cares!!! I mean, in the end, who really cares what I did with this house???? (This would be a fine place to add some choice words, but I will restrain myself!)

I do not want to be driven by materialist wants! I am SICK of it! Rather, I desire to overflow with thoughts on how I can could potentially share the wonderful Gospel of Christ with others. I want to be filled with an indescribable passion to engage in activities that truly make a difference in my community. Ultimately, I yearn to mediate on the things above rather than the things below. Because, really, if I thought about eternal dreams as much as I work through earthly stuff, my life would be more at peace.

Thus, I am praying for eternal dreams for myself, and my readers, this day.

Popular posts from this blog

Is God Good?

Daunting {But Not Impossible}

Banking in the Now