A Little Longer
Oh little boy, who likes to snuggle
Who only falls asleep if he is rocked and cuddled*
It is partly my fault, I guess
For not letting you cry too long
As you lay swaddled in your crib
But I gladly relinquish my freedom for a time
To hold you a little longer
Can you stay this little forever?
And grow up to be a strong young man
Full of vibrant vitality
And love for God?
Your laughter is contagious
And I admit, your screams
Make many faces cringe
And sometimes your Daddy and I
Are clueless as to what to do
But that's okay
Because you are probably our last
And that makes this Mommy's heart
Sad
And cling to you a little longer
*85% of the time :)
Who only falls asleep if he is rocked and cuddled*
It is partly my fault, I guess
For not letting you cry too long
As you lay swaddled in your crib
But I gladly relinquish my freedom for a time
To hold you a little longer
Can you stay this little forever?
And grow up to be a strong young man
Full of vibrant vitality
And love for God?
Your laughter is contagious
And I admit, your screams
Make many faces cringe
And sometimes your Daddy and I
Are clueless as to what to do
But that's okay
Because you are probably our last
And that makes this Mommy's heart
Sad
And cling to you a little longer
*85% of the time :)