Thankfulness #14: One Year!

Today marks one year of residency in this little city. There were days when I ached to return to more familiar neighborhoods. But today, after experiencing four seasons in this home, I've arrived at the conclusion that I do enjoy living here. For that I am very grateful to God.

I guess Frodo's words to Sam, in Lord of the Rings, resonate with me now:

My dear Sam, you cannot always be torn in two. You will have to be one and whole for many years. You have so much to enjoy and to be, and to do. Your part in this story will go on.

A special thank you to my new friends who have gone out of their way to welcome my family and I. I say it again: thank you.

Popular posts from this blog

Is God Good?

Daunting {But Not Impossible}

Banking in the Now