Annoying Aliment

Sugar-Free, Fat-Free

Lately, it's been challenging to find food that is healthy for our family. For example, a lot of yogurt brands claim to be sugar-free and fat-free. But when you take the time to read the label, you discover that while the "fat-free" claim is true, the mixture is loaded with all kinds of unhealthy artificial sweeteners. Why can't the yogurt producers create a brand that is sweetened with fruit juices and is low in fat? I have found one brand called "Little Ones" that is created for toddlers. It is sweetened with fruit juice but it has a 3.25% milk fat content. Not the best for adults.

Along the same vein, does anyone know of a decent mint flavoured gum that is NOT loaded with chemical sweeteners? Apparently pregnant women are supposed to stay away from artificial "sugars".

Temporary Haidas

I do not deny that my taste buds have changed during my pregnancy. However, I do believe this goes beyond that! As of lunch today, I have eaten my last westernized Chinese meal for a long time. I am turning my back on sweet & sour that and fried this for a season. I just do not enjoy it any longer! In the meanwhile I will turn my appetite towards Japanese and Thai fare (minus the sushi and seafood, much to my chagrin). Though, I could use some Dim Sum!

Worth Switching Supermarkets For?

Our current grocery store of choice is getting on our nerves. While the prices are very reasonable, the quality of fresh food is second rate. The produce section looks atrocious. Did someone decided to dump all the fruit out and then proceed to dance on it? You have to wonder about all the bruised items! Even the goods in the bakery and meat section are flavourless in comparison to other stores. Yet, the dry goods and household supplies are much cheaper in comparison to the more pristine supermarkets. Truthfully, we do not want to frequent two stores during one trip. But, then again, we are sick and tired of eating another beat-up banana.

Enough said on annoying aliment.

Popular posts from this blog

Is God Good?

Daunting {But Not Impossible}

Banking in the Now